The Boys and Girls Clubs of Columbia are calling on you to help make 2020 the best year ever for Hoops For A Cause!COVID-19 has prevented a physical event at Mizzou Arena this year, but the Boys and Girls Clubs need your support now more than ever! The pandemic has left the club with a loss of $178,000 – while still providing crucial support to the community:
• From March – August they distributed over 67,000 dinners to any kid 5-18 in Columbia
• Successfully held 7 weeks of summer program for 70 kids in stable groups
• Created virtual curriculum and an innovative plan to use technology to connect with kids at home to participate in activities & classes in a safe, engaging & fun way
• Expanded the Club’s hours to be open as a day pod learning center this fall for kids to participate in their virtual learning with support from Club staff
• Continued to provide healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks
Hoops For A Cause 2020 aims to raise $100,000 to support the Club’s critical mission… and through the generosity of sponsors like MFA Oil and Commerce Bank, $50,000 has already been pledged! Now it’s your turn.
Text HOOPS to 573-279-1151 or go online to bgc-columbia.org/donate to make your tax deductible gift today!
Stay tuned to KTGR to learn more about Hoops For A Cause 2020 in the days to come!